Toronto: There are many reasons why Canada is a popular study abroad country. It is home to some of the top universities with illustrious faculties that provide top-notch higher education. The short courses that are offered in Canadian universities are among the main factors in Canada’s appeal to overseas students. Aspiring students who do not want to study abroad for an extended period of time can easily choose a 1-year course in Canada. These courses often concentrate on a certain area of study and prepare the students for the workplace.
Universities in Canada provide students with a distinctive combination of high-quality instruction and reasonable tuition. The number of international students flocking to study in Canada has been soaring each year as a result of the country’s education system becoming one of the best in the world.
For those looking to pursue higher education abroad, Canada is the ideal study destination owing to its distinctive offerings of on- and off-campus study facilities, simple and flexible visa application process, vibrant campus environment, and abundance of course-based, research-based, skill-based courses, among others.
Eligibility Criteria for One-Year Courses in Canada
International students do not require particular course grades in order to be admitted to a 1-year postgraduate diploma course in Canada. Among the requirements are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Entrance Exam Scores
- Work Experience
- Canada Student Visa
- Additional Requirements
The Bachelor’s degree certificate must be submitted with the application form if the student plans to enroll in a 1-year PG diploma programme in Canada. A minimum score of 65% and a GPA of 3.5 are required for a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
Students must submit their English Language Proficiency exam results while applying to one-year PG diploma programmes in Canada. The score, however, may vary depending on the university.
TOEFL: 550 (pBT), and 213 (cBT), 88 (iBT)
Entrance Examination Scores
Students in Canada seeking a one-year postgraduate degree must take the entrance exam specified by the relevant institution or university. The eligible GMAT score ranges from 500 to 550.
Not all colleges or institutions will require work experience. However, candidates must have between one and two years of work experience to be considered for admission to select specialized one-year PG diploma programmes in Canada.
Canada Student Visa
Students must obtain a Canada study visa in order to be admitted to one-year PG diploma programmes in Canada. International students must enroll at the selected educational facility and submit the required legal documentation. For the Visa, you must deposit a GIC fund of 10,000 CAD.
Documents required for One-Year Courses in Canada
The following official documents are needed from students as part of the admissions process:
- Academic Transcripts
- Canada Study Permit
- Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of finances to present your financial sufficiency
- Valid Passport
- Current Photographs (passport size)
Admission Process for One-Year Courses in Canada
You must possess the necessary documents for submission in order to complete the admissions process. The actions to take for the admission process are listed below:
- Find the best institutions or universities that provide a 1 year PG diploma course for overseas students in Canada by searching online and visiting the official website.
- Once the universities for the 1 year PG diploma course have been chosen, complete the online application and submit the application fee.
- Before the deadline, double-check all the paperwork you’ll need for the admissions process and upload it online.
- You will get an email from the universities you apply to if your application is accepted for the particular programme.
- Prepare for the university interview rounds.
- If selected, the applied university will send you an acceptance letter, and you must return the confirmation letter within the specified window of time.
- Once everything has been confirmed, submit an application for a student visa to Canada and pay the program’s tuition.
To make all these processes simpler, you may contact premier and reliable Canada Immigration agency. It is always wise to hold the hands of some experienced entity, especially when you are planning to build your career in a foreign nation. By doing this, you will be able to prepare for your examinations, and the agency will be managing your legal formalities for the immigration.
For more Immigration news, please visit our Immigration section.